This Coming Sunday (March 15, 2020)
COVID-19 Schedule Adjustments: Both morning services (9:00 and 10:30) will take place as scheduled; however, in light of recent events, several preventative measures have been implemented. All of those measures are listed in detail at the bottom of this update.
Four notes: (1) We are working to provide a live stream of the morning service. (2) If you have any discomfort about assembling, or if you are in an identified 'at risk' group please do not feel any obligation to attend. (3) If you're not able to attend, now would be a good time to consider the online giving option offered at HCC. (4) Our elementary children's director is working to create Bible worksheets for children who do attend during this unusual situation.
Sunday Message: Dave Mason will deliver a stand-alone message called 'Boots on the Ground." It is a call to service. Check out Ephesians 6:15-17 if you'd like to read ahead.
2020 Central Ohio Bean Dinner CANCELLED
It is with great sadness that we announce that the 2020 Central Ohio Men and Boys Bean Dinner will not take place on Thursday, March 19. After much prayer and discussion among multiple leaders, it was determined that, in light of the Covid-19 concerns and the increasing precautionary restrictions being implemented by the state of Ohio, the best course of action would be to cancel this year's event. This decision was not made lightly or in a spirit of fear, but in a prayerful effort to operate in the best interest of everyone.
Round Lake Service Project
Sat, Mar 21, 9a-2p. Woodcutting and splitting day at Round Lake. Wilderness. CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION
Next HCC Seniors Chapel Service
Tue, Mar 24, 10:30a, Fireside Room. This classic service will feature some hymns led by Dave Mason and a brief devotional message. Light refreshments provided.
Details Regarding Covid-19 and Sunday Services
As most of you know, Ohio Governor DeWine has issued a ban on large group gatherings of 100 people or more. With the understanding that this ban does not apply to religious gatherings, HCC is still planning to hold our 9:00 and 10:30 morning services on Sunday, March 15. However, in light of the current Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking several steps to ensure that possible exposure to any illness is limited. Please take note of the following.
- Sunday morning services will meet at scheduled times (9:00 and 10:30).
- We will work to offer a live stream of the service so members/friends of HCC can watch from home. (more information to follow).
- Individual adult Bible school classes can decide among themselves whether or not to meet.
- No children’s programming will take place.
- The nursery room will be open for parents, but not staffed.
- If you have any discomfort about assembling, please do not feel obligated to come. No one earns extra ‘spirituality points’ by attending church during a pandemic.
- If you are in an identified ‘at risk’ category, please exhibit extra caution.
- We will not pass offering trays but will use the offering boxes at the back of the sanctuary.
- Communion will be served using individual self-contained packets.
- The café will not be operational.
- If you have any symptoms of illness, please stay at home.
- We ask that everyone who attends enter through the front doors.
- We will work to have hand sanitizer available throughout the building.
This current plan is the result of much prayer and the input of many people. Please stay tuned. We will do all we can to keep you informed of any changes.